Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wingardium knittiosa!

" To the well organized mind, death is just the next great adventure"

       I was first introduced to Harry Potter at age nine, when for Christmas my grandmother gave me the Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, after hearing that it was selling well. I don't think she ever could have anticipated me loving the series as much as i did. I grew up with Harry, reading about his adventures, watching him grow together with his friends and learn how to be a wizard in the process. At some point i knew the series was my favorite, second to none, and as a result my life began to be taken over by multiple copies of the book from around the world, assorted prop replicas, and anything else i could get my hands on. I thought that i would share some of the different harry potter knits that i have done over the years, in honor of the final movie coming out next week. 
Hermione's sweater


A  Gryffindor Lion
A little delivery owl
A Cable knit Gryffindor hat



Scarf and Hat set Like Hermione's from Half Blood Prince


I have made a lot of other things over the years, scarfs, Gloves, socks, purses, but i feel that these are some of the more unique things that I have made.


So until next time, MISCHIEF MANAGED!

2 comments:

  1. love these, how many pictures did you look at to get the patterns right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scoured the Internet for hours when the fifth movie first came out looking for pictures of hermione in that sweater, and eventually got the DVD and paused it again and again to write down pattern parts. As for the scarf, I got one good screen shot and was able to write down a chart for the color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete